Money Maker?

peeps7

Songster
12 Years
Aug 26, 2007
North Carolina
Ok, I'll be getting a horse later this year (Clydesdale hopefully) and I have a job but I want to do something that will bring in a little more money. Does anybody know of something that I could make to sell or something I could do? I had wanted a Gypsy Vanner but those are anywhere from $10,000 to $50,000, SO I decided I better go with my other favorite horse, a clydesdale. Thanks!!

If you get the clydesdale please show pics
smile.png
. They are by far my favorite

Edited: typos

Last edited:
Oh yes, definatly!!! I've found one that I really like but first I have to raise the money and thats why I need something else to do.
roll.png

* I have no idea how practical this would be nowadays but for my 13th b-d my folks had me a hayride party. . . We had hotdog bbq lunch party at the farm that late afternoon & the hayride at about 4. It all cost about $1200 and that was 30 years + ago!!!!! The 2 horses were clydesdales.

Last edited:
Are you talking about making money from the horse or just general ways to make money?

Have you ever had a horse before? I would imagine that a Clydesdale would be more expensive to keep than your normal sized horse. The farrier bill alone is bound to be more so I completly understand wanting to make a little money to cover those costs.

I guess if you are going to make money off the horse it would depend on the training the horse has. Is he trained for driving? Offering hay rides may be something to look into. Not really sure what else, you would have to look to see if htere are any needs in your community that could be filled and try to market that way. I don't know what your area is like.

IF you are looking for general ways to make money, I can't really help you there. If I had anything I would probably be doing it myself.

Good Luck

Oh, and I also wanted to say becareful when looking at Gypsy Vanners. It is not a registered breed and a lot of people are getting ripped off. I totally agree that they are GORGEOUS, but are kinda of a fad and the prices reflect that.

I agree with what Morgaine said about the GV's. They're absolutely gorgeous, though. Anyway, good luck with earning money. I miss my horses, so I'm also looking for a way to get money, and then start looking at potential buys. Good luck!

I've had horses all of my life, I know how to take care of them, no need to worry about that. What I mean about making money is things I could do to raise money to buy a Clydesdale. Clydesdales are actually alot cheaper than most people think, I've already looked into all of this.
wink.png

You may be able to find a side job locally. Check you local paper. Maybe get hired at a animal shelter. I plan to work at a shelter thats close to my moms work.

That's good, sorry i don't have anything to help with the money making though. I've only had TB's so I just assume that the Draft breeds would eat so much more because they are so big! I hope you find something that works and get your horse soon.

Back
Top Bottom