Money making Bird

Without a dought ... the Cornish X ... they have NO peer in converting feed to meat in the shortest possible time.
yesss.gif

Really? How long until they are fully grown? How much do they weigh when they are fully grown? How much can I sell one for? How much do they eat? Are they good in heat or cold? I know I have a lot of questions but I'm curious.

Last edited:
Iowa, all of your questions are answered in reading the many posts right here on this forum. Do some reading. What you purchase at the grocer stores as game hens that weigh between 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. are actually the Cornish X at 32 days of age. The whole fryers are the Cornish X that are 6 - 8 weeks of age and weigh in between 4 - 6 lbs. Roasters are the Cornish X way over 6 lbs at 12 weeks old. You will find on this forum some that weigh in 10-12 lbs at 14-16 weeks of age. You can see photos of mature roosters between 16- 22 lbs. ,the size of small heritage turkey. You will find proper feeding / husbandry information on this forum too. Good luck !
jumpy.gif

Without a dought ... the Cornish X ... they have NO peer in converting feed to meat in the shortest possible time.
yesss.gif
Yep, not to mention most people don't like a dual purpose bird because you have to cook them low and slow or they are tough.

The meat can't be beat in tenderness. If you pasture raise them, they taste delicious and nothing like store bought for flavour.

I sell mine at $3.99 a pound. They weigh around 5 pounds dressed at 9 weeks the way I do it. I don't feed like they recommend, and they are out on grass at 2 weeks completely free ranged. No tractors or pens.

Back
Top Bottom