Montana

How is everyone's winter going so far? I'm feeling the egg shortage as my three layers slow for the season, but I should have several more hens start laying once days get longer again. The weather's been fairly mild but windy (as always) here in Townsend. My oldest rooster has developed a lovely crow, and the cockerel is working on his. My oldest roo has been dancing for and covering the hens, so I look forward to expanding my flock from within this spring--hooray!

I'm going to gear up for hatching season soon, since people want to buy pullets more than chicks from me, if I start hatching by January I have pullets laying eggs by Summer. Christmas season means excited children! And I'm tired of the cold already. I'm still disappointed that frost came early this year and the cold wet summer made gardens everywhere sad...

I sell fertilized eggs, I have turkeys of many colors, silver based marans, and cream legbars. I've just set up breeding pens so I expect purebred eggs by next week.

Awesome! Where are you in Mt?

Im interested in Legbars And marans, can you msg me with your prices please? I have eggs going in the incubator on Saturday I think. After resting from their mail experiences.

Awesome! Where are you in Mt?

Im interested in Legbars And marans, can you msg me with your prices please? I have eggs going in the incubator on Saturday I think. After resting from their mail experiences.
I'm just outside of Billings, my website is listed in my signature with my numbero the website. The chicks usually sell for 10 each, poults are 15 each.

How is the rest of Montana dealing with the temperature swings?
I mean Billings was 64 on Saturday, and then blanketed in snow yesterday. My girls were upset because the wind was blowing snow through their pop door. I shut the pop door for a bit until the wind died down, and then let them out before sunset to burn off any pent up energy.

The two photos were taken this weekend less than 24 hours apart. Can you spot the flock of Sharp-tailed grouse in the grass?

Attachments

• C100C635-0E54-406B-B3CC-37BED1B70FC1.jpeg
    C100C635-0E54-406B-B3CC-37BED1B70FC1.jpeg
    359.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 1E2C43C4-D1A9-45FE-ACD0-EF2CF550D68C.jpeg
    1E2C43C4-D1A9-45FE-ACD0-EF2CF550D68C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4
How is the rest of Montana dealing with the temperature swings?
I mean Billings was 64 on Saturday, and then blanketed in snow yesterday. My girls were upset because the wind was blowing snow through their pop door. I shut the pop door for a bit until the wind died down, and then let them out before sunset to burn off any pent up energy.

The two photos were taken this weekend less than 24 hours apart. Can you spot the flock of Sharp-tailed grouse in the grass?
We had some CRAZY wind.. my horse trough is at the bottom of our coulee... it will now be there til I feel strong enough to drag it back up here 😂 I also closed my chickens in for two days so I didn’t have to go out and peel them off the fence. But I still have no snow here in great falls just a frozen waterer in the hen house this morning. Apparently the plug came out of the wall in the wind?? Crazy.

Back
Top Bottom