Montana

Hi Karla, how much is the Azure Standard feed. My girls really like the Big Sky feed, but it is to costly to feed a large flock. I do like the all natural organic feeds better, and I think they lay better on it.
It was really nice today, 48 and sunny and I had the coop open all day so everyone could be outside if they wanted. Most of our snow is goig fast, but that just makes a muddy mess. I'm glad I have the covered area for the chickens, it never gets wet and nasty.

Hi Karla, how much is the Azure Standard feed. My girls really like the Big Sky feed, but it is to costly to feed a large flock. I do like the all natural organic feeds better, and I think they lay better on it.
It was really nice today, 48 and sunny and I had the coop open all day so everyone could be outside if they wanted. Most of our snow is goig fast, but that just makes a muddy mess. I'm glad I have the covered area for the chickens, it never gets wet and nasty.
http://www.azurestandard.com/shop/product/14048/ says 25.50 with 10% off . I got the 40 pound bags. It's a bit more but if I want soy free corn free, ad most importantly GMO free I'm going to do it. I'm going to stock up on this and add it to Mylar bags and put it in 5 gallon buckets. It will keep a lot longer and I can be sure to have enough on hand if anything happens, I go broke, the government goes broke or the company goes broke lol. Got only 3 bags today, but when tax tme comes I plan to buy a years worth, and a years worth of bedding, and a few extra feeders and waterers. I was out of a job for three onthe this year, and can you believe I got over a thousand more back from uncle Sam? Well in three weeks when I see a check lol. But I really worried about how to afford the feed and bedding . Let alone rent and all the other bills. Im not Mormon but I do believe in stocking up on food so at least I have a years worth, but now that I'm back to work, I plan to stock up on animal foods to. Thank goodness I have about fifty buckets and Mylar bags lol. Need to use up my oxygen absorbers so now is the time.
I was sold on that feed when I bought it off amazon and it cost almost as much to ship as the feed. My birds went totally nuts over it. Like crack to a drug adict. I decided then I was going to try my hardest to et more, but not through amazon as that was a fortune. They have a place that sells it in Idaho, but I would have had to wait until summer for that long long drive. When I got a catalog from azure standard that said they were going to try it, I was so happy I can not tell you. And they do not charge you by weight when the delivery truck comes to town, they charge you buy b how much you spend. I bought 205 dollars worth of food and chicken food ,total weight 160 lbs and paid 17.00 total shipping.
I got weird stuff to try today, red butan rice, a giant jar of really raw honey, oh and of course 6 ice cream lol, and yogert, frozen berries, potatoes ( did you know that potatoes are the worst Gmo food besides apples?) I buy only organic, not really a lot more money, but safer to eat!

So, is it actually whole grains, or is it cracked/ground? That's about the same price as Big Sky, but theirs is ground into more of a mash. I had gotten a pallet full at a really good price, but just can't afford to get it at the full price. Maybe when I win the lottery. HaHa.

So, is it actually whole grains, or is it cracked/ground? That's about the same price as Big Sky, but theirs is ground into more of a mash. I had gotten a pallet full at a really good price, but just can't afford to get it at the full price. Maybe when I win the lottery. HaHa.
it's whole grains' not a powder in the bag. That's why I love it, I was able to get the mash you speak of, but did not want it, i was stuck with crumble. Or of course pellet, but now whole grains. I'm going to fill one feeder of crumble and one feeder the whole grains for a while until I get rid of all the crumble and pellet I have. I'm sure the birds will go through the crumble much slower, but I am not going to waste it.
Did I tell you, my maran decided to present me with a nice deep dark red/brown egg today. Since adding the heat lamp at night, and during super cold mornings my chickens have begun to lay ! 4/5 eggs now! Have not put a light up, just using the extra 1/2 hours of light in the morning when we go out and turn the huge light on that's attached to the garage. It is right out side the chicken coop and lights up the inside of the coop and the pen. I think it's the warmer nights from the heat lamp that are making them, so happy.

So I put the new feed in the feeders, they walked around and never looked twice, then one bird started eating, and that called attention to the other girls , by the time they realized it was whole grain goodness they were all fighting for a spot in front of the feeder, I had to empty the other feeder and fill it to lol, like crack to an adict lol.
Went to work , mom is sick, I'm thinking tomorrow I'm bringing her home to stay for a while and my nephew if shecwill come, she is just not doing well :(
Thinking I will watch the super bowl to see what ridiculous half time and comercials they show . Eat crap ad get lazy.
What's on your agenda today?

Where has everyone been for 2 days???
frow.gif

Surprised that no one has been posting on this thread since Sunday!

I'm back, I've had a ruff couple of days at work and haven't been on line much. Yea day off tomorrow. I want to get the chicks moved into a bigger pen, I got the pen cleaned and ready Sunday, but didn't have time to move them. I'd like to put them out in the coop, but I'm afraid we'll still have some weather that will be too cold for them. They sure are getting big and feathering up.
Hi jessshan8, I will most likley set some for Easter, guess I'll have to decide soon. Maybe I'll have some of the breeds I want to work on shipped in. I just have to make sure I have room for them.
Its been really nice here, 50 today, most of the snow is gone, and its looking like rain tomorrow. I was afraid that I was going to be short on hay this year, but if this warm weather keeps up I should be fine. I just hope we get enough rain for good crops this summer.

Back
Top Bottom