Montana

I need... 8 or 10 breeding pens with runs... Thinking 12 wide, 4 foot walkway down the middle and 4 foot deep indoor areas on both sides... 3 ft wide each, and 5 per side would be 15 feet, plus 5 for storage areas would give me a 12X20 building... doors and vents on either end. I don't even want to know what that would cost for someone else to build.
You might find 3x4 pens to be to small. My breeder pens are 7w x 8d and by the time you have a roost, nest, food, water, that doesn't leave alot of room for chickens. My coop is 14x24 and I wish I had more room.

My layer area is to the right of the door, that area is 12x14, there is a 4' alley/storage area as you go in the door, and 2 breeding pens to the left of the door. There is a covered outside area for the layers, this was before I got any of the outside pens up. I love the coop, but I do need more room.

How's the chicks? Got any pictures? Did you hatch out any orphingtons or other birds besides EE or wheatens? I need visual ! Do you have a hatch date so I can put it in my calendar ?
The chicks are doing great, I haven't gotten any photos of them lately. Now that they are in the basement its hard to get photos. They are really feathering up, and I would love to move them out to the coop soon. My Orp roo died last fall, so I can't hatch out any pure Orp chicks, but my Ameraucana's are broody also, so you may get a new broody from one of them. I think the chicks are about 4 weeks now, I'll have to look up their hatch date.

Quote:
It's for 3 birds in each pen, and they'll have runs. This is just the indoor portion. I don't think they are going to need much indoor space. All my birds free range right now, they'll go outside when they aren't roosting or eating.

I have a Wheaten from Azriel :) She (I hope) is my fave of all 10 nydh babies :) very friendly! I'll go get a pic...

I have a Wheaten from Azriel :) She (I hope) is my fave of all 10 nydh babies :) very friendly! I'll go get a pic...
YEA!! That looks like a girl to me. The boys would be alot darker on the wings by now. I think the Wheaten Ameraucana are just the sweetest chickens ever.

She's got a tiny bit, that's all though. So YAY! I get to keep her then :D Awesome! She's so stinkin' sweet. I'm so sad the other one died in the hatching process :( I may need to chick-swap ya some time. DH drives to Great Falls, Helena, and sometimes even Billings for work. Any of those close to you?

Back
Top Bottom