Montana

Nice birds on here!!!!
Now I am getting chick fever again!!

Got friends asking me to raise cornish cross eating birds. They want the free ranged birds I raise. Thinking about it if I can use the old rabbit house I could put some chicks in there, but DH wants to store all the garden stuff in there.
I will take ten to lol, and can you pluck them? Willing to pay any price !

C H I C K E N Z O M B I E S !

Good for You!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

Good for You!!!!!!!!:weee
thank you, I am pretty happy right now. I just pray they don't come look and decide my property is not big enough or anything. I guess I distrust the government these days and tend to see them as evil lol. I love my girls and as much as I wish I live in the country, it's not possible. And my girls are so well cared for. That and I have a problem with chicken math lol, I want more !

thank you, I am pretty happy right now. I just pray they don't come look and decide my property is not big enough or anything. I guess I distrust the government these days and tend to see them as evil lol. I love my girls and as much as I wish I live in the country, it's not possible. And my girls are so well cared for. That and I have a problem with chicken math lol, I want more !

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have 30 chickens, 10 ducks, 3 geese, and 2 turkeys, with 30 eggs in the bator........love my birds and get lots of eggs and I give most all of them away.....

oh how sweet! I can not imagine eating it after raising it :0 but again I'm not a farmer/rancher
smile.png
OH, I'm not going to be eating her. When she grows up she'll be having babies for me.
Just let me know when the coop is done and the chicks will be ready for a ride.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have 30 chickens, 10 ducks, 3 geese, and 2 turkeys, with 30 eggs in the bator........love my birds and get lots of eggs and I give most all of them away.....
. I also give eggs away! The old gals in my neighborhood love getting my eggs during the summer, I can not wait to bless them again. Ohhh I want a turkey , not happening but would love one!

Hi Lynacroon, nice to see you back. I'm enjoying having a warmer winter, but we do need more snow. I don't want another fire season like last summer. I'm always interested in trades, and would like more BLRW. Let me know when you have some you know are pure.
OK, so you are all going to think Im crazy. I'm getting a 3 day old bottle calf and its going to be in my basement for a couple of weeks. I've already got 50+ chicks down there, so how bad can a calf be right?? I thought about putting her out in the chicken coop, but feeding is going to be eaiser in the basement. She is a premee, and wouldn't nurse her mom, but is doing OK on the bottle. I will move her out to the barn as soon as she is strong enough. I'll get photos as soon as I get her.

I agree that we need more snow! Last summer was a nightmare! Good luck with you calf- I have a bottle baby goat in my bathroom myself right now- Along with some Courtinex quail! Hee hee! So, you're crazy, but in good company. :) I most likely have a BLRW roo I can spare right now and am getting ready to seperate everybody out this weekend so I can start getting some pure eggs. I"ll keep ya posted on that. Hoping to convince hubby to help me send some extra mutt roos to freezer camp this weekend to open up some space.

good to see you ! Now stop being a stranger lol. What else you got besides BLRW ?

Thank you! :) As far as chickens I can breed pure I just have the BLRWs and Ameraucanas. All my other chickens are mutts or either roos with no matching hens or hens with no matching roos. :) I also have Royal Palm turkeys, Pekin and Blue Swedish ducks, peafowl, Sebastapol geese, Buff American geese, and guineas. Getting expensive to feed everybody these days!
Take care and have a great day~ :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom