Montana

So who else woke up to snow this morning? :) The weather reporters have been threatening snow and rain a lot lately but it never seems to hit here. Well, this time they were right! Just about an inch so far but it's still coming down nicely. I hope it snows good cuz we really do need the moisture.
Got my coop all spiffed for Spring yesterday and moved some birds around. Now I have my Ameraucanas and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes penned separately so I can work on getting some pure eggs for hatching.
I got so much done yesterday I don't have to feel guilty for staying all warm and snuggly by the fire today! :D

So who else woke up to snow this morning? :) The weather reporters have been threatening snow and rain a lot lately but it never seems to hit here. Well, this time they were right! Just about an inch so far but it's still coming down nicely. I hope it snows good cuz we really do need the moisture.
Got my coop all spiffed for Spring yesterday and moved some birds around. Now I have my Ameraucanas and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes penned separately so I can work on getting some pure eggs for hatching.
I got so much done yesterday I don't have to feel guilty for staying all warm and snuggly by the fire today! :D
it's snowing here, not much but we are under a storm warning. I hope it snows real good. Montana needs lots of it as we are so dry.

It's freezing here. Out in front of my coop. Some snow melted and then it froze. We moved a few cows yesterday. We had a calf five days ago and it weighed 120 pounds when we pulled it.

Well Fawkes has 7 eggs under her I think. The rooster mated with all of my hens. Most of the eggs I slipped under her are americauna. I think she has a few lakenvelder eggs under her, and a few star eggs, but they won't be good layers. And maybe 1 black giant egg. I'll check.

Last edited:
Rene I have a standard bronze hen and a bronze tom and a narggensant tom. They free range so I will have to watch to see where she will lay her eggs.

The hi-line is where Highway 2 runs from eastern MT to western MT.

The Campine rooster is a small rooster. I had a Buttercup hen and he was a good match for her. He is beautiful - campines are what they call hen-feathered, so he looks like the hens but with a big comb and wattles and a rooster's tail. He has taken to trying to stay in the teenagers coop because they are more his size. Quite often, I have to take him out when I put every one to bed and return him to the main coop.

Back
Top Bottom