Montana

All we can get here is that crappy netrena and I'm tired of that garbage. I just got done ordering scratch and peck, will be here saturday. I'm done with crappy feed full of soy and Gmo garbage. I also love that the scratch and prck is whole grains not grou d up stuff. The girls go nuts for it. It's expensive but worth it to me. All organic, non Gmo and real grains . Truly my eggs are organic through and through.
I try to have 6 months or more ahead on my feed, litter and boss .

I have 1 phoenix, 1 americauna, 1 black giant, 1 golden Campine, 1 barred rock, 2 Egyptian faymouis, 2 Sicilian buttercups, 2 red stars, 2 anaconas, 2 lakenvelders, 3 black stars, 3 silver laced wyandottes. I hope I spelled all that right.

Those are the breeds I have I posted it earlier in this thread. I'm not sure if I can sell you chicks now, because my broody hen keeps switching nests. I can sell you eggs if you want to put them under your broody.

Funny, I was just going to ask on this thread where is a good spot to buy quality chicken feed around Billings at a reasonable price! I looked up West Feeds on the internet, and it appears all of their dealers are in Texas. Also, there is a Westfeeds company but they mainly deal in cattle. Is there a West Feeds chicken feed dealer in Billings? If not, where is a good spot to buy feed in Billings?. My first 50lb, I bought at Big R (medicated starter crumbles) and it seems to be working great, but I am looking for a long-term supplier. I plan to check out Billings Farm and Ranch Supply soon.

Completed framing on the coop yesterday, and all interior stuff (nesting boxes, perches, ladder to perches, etc.). Sheathing the coop tomorrow. The most time-consuming part will be cutting out those little windows and ventilation holes and attaching the plexiglass panes and vent screens. Also, the shingles, but probably won't get that far tomorrow. Looks like rain/snow on Sunday!

Have a great weekend!

Doug
Hi Doug: yes, there is a West Feeds in Billings. The phone # I have for them is 800-283-5505. They deal in cattle feed, horse, lamb, chicken, etc......... their prices are very reasonable and you can go right to the plant, or mill, to buy your feed. They also are located (besides GF & Billings) in Dillon, Lewistown & Miles City. I think you will be very happy with the feed.

Last edited:
Made good progress on the coop today! Just have the roof to put on, the hinged doors for the egg boxes, chicken door, and vents, install a little corner trim, a ladder for the chicken door, and painting! What a great day - got a little sunburned I think! Also there is a pic of one of our Black Australorpes. Growing out of the "penguin" phase. Think it is a roo?

Doug

My birds go nuts for the West Feeds layer pellets. They don't really care for the stuff from Big R. I only get that when I am out and desperate.

Made good progress on the coop today! Just have the roof to put on, the hinged doors for the egg boxes, chicken door, and vents, install a little corner trim, a ladder for the chicken door, and painting! What a great day - got a little sunburned I think! Also there is a pic of one of our Black Australorpes. Growing out of the "penguin" phase. Think it is a roo? Doug
. Very nice! Is this for the chicks or big girls? It's very nice, not my ideal winter coop as its out of plywood and not heavy osb board. Are you going to insulate this ? I could use a coop like this for my side yard.

Hi Doug:  yes, there is a West Feeds in Billings.  The phone # I have for them is 800-283-5505.  They deal in cattle feed, horse, lamb, chicken, etc.........   their prices are very reasonable and you can go right to the plant, or mill, to buy your feed.  They also are located (besides GF & Billings) in Dillon, Lewistown & Miles City.  I think you will be very happy with the feed. 
ok I bought this in dillon last year, my chickens liked it . Do they sell it in crumble? My chickens really do not care for pellets. Got my azure standard yesterday, 6 months of scratch and peck. Going to mix the powder that it leaves into some yogert today and alfalfa pellets and let it soak up. They love that.

Back
Top Bottom