Montana

Yay Doug! Our BR eggs are both lighter and a little more yellowish than our BA eggs. Hers are darker brown and more torpedoish. Lol. :) sounds like you are close to having lots of eggs!!!

That is interesting. I'm sure some of my neighbors wish that only half of roosters crow! Three or more days between eggs for a starting pullet normal? I am going on 2+ days now with the BA. Also, what are your experiences with how many eggs does it take for a pullet to start laying full-sized eggs? Thanks.

Not quite, my first few years was on a farm out of Troy, then we moved for my granddad to work on the ears.Great Northern in Spokane. But we had aracana (sp) when my kids were in pre-teen y
So a little have a little experience, but not much. Have gardened all my life and have small greenhouse and decided to make it multi-purpose. The chicks are loving the squash plant as well a the cuc's, but are not bothering the tomatoes or basil. So we will see how it goes.

From Helena. Saying hi. My son and I are raising a mixed flock we purchased from Murdoch's in March. 23 out of 25 survived. They started laying about 3 weeks ago.

originally:
4 black sex links
8 Speckled Sussex
5 Ancona
2 White Giant
2 Cuckoo Maran
2 Partridge Rocks
2 Barred Rocks

anyway...Hello!

From Helena. Saying hi. My son and I are raising a mixed flock we purchased from Murdoch's in March. 23 out of 25 survived. They started laying about 3 weeks ago.

originally:
4 black sex links
8 Speckled Sussex
5 Ancona
2 White Giant
2 Cuckoo Maran
2 Partridge Rocks
2 Barred Rocks

anyway...Hello!

Howdy! Those Anconas are sure good layers, especially in the winter!

Flighty little noisy things. They seem to wound a little too tight!...glad to hear that they lay well!!

Thanks for the howdy cowgrrl. Saw a few posts back you saw a griz close to your homestead. Here I was worried about the coyotes all around here!!

Last edited:
HI It was my Idea for the chicks, but my son, disabled 49 years old has taken a great interest. And his lady friend, a city girl has beome interested also and has even named one.

Back
Top Bottom