Montana

New chicks are in the revamped coop and looking very happy
1f60a.png
We reinforced the weak point which allowed a coon in a few weeks ago. Looking for advice on how many nesting boxes I need for 13 layers, I've only had 5 hens before.

I was going to suggest 4 nesting boxes, although that may be futile if your chickens are like mine, and all decide to use the same one. I watched my neighbor's chickens for a week, he has 16 chickens and 4 nest boxes, and one nest box never had any eggs in it, two of them would have one or two eggs, and the last one would have the majority of the eggs. Funny how they all like the same box, even if you give them options.

I'm across the state from you but I've been to Ekalaka. I went with my husband last year, he was hunting antelope out that way. I was surprised by how different the landscape was compared to NW Montana- I liked being able to see so far out there, all that open space.

Know much about the SW area? Particularly around paradise valley.
that's nice country, if you can afford it. Near Livingston/Bozeman area so lots of shopping. Plenty of rich people have bought places up there. Oh! Chico hot springs is there! I love that place! They even have a geothermal greenhouse.

Back
Top Bottom