Montana

If you want to move to Montana and find less expensive land, central and eastern Montana are hemorrhaging people, so land is cheaper there. The big and little Snowies probably have cheaper land, if it's mountains you must have. There's a lot off the beaten path, we are the 4th largest state, and only crossed a million people a few years back!

New chicks are in the revamped coop and looking very happy
1f60a.png
We reinforced the weak point which allowed a coon in a few weeks ago. Looking for advice on how many nesting boxes I need for 13 layers, I've only had 5 hens before.

They recommend one box per 4 to 5 hens. Also depends on how big you make the boxes. I know in the past for our hand boxes they used to be 14 x 14 it would fit four hens comfortably

Hey guys...post for all you NW Mo tana peeps...looking for one or two ducklings to add to my 8 week old group of 4. Having a really hard time finding anything though and dont want to start with ducklings again at this point...
Here is what is happening...we had one break a leg when she was 3 weeks, and now every time we let her in with the other 3, they pick on her right away. Was hoping to get one or two more, already about the same age (6-8 weeks)that could be separated with her, in the same pen as the others, so she won't be such an outcast, and after about a week, integrate all three with the others. Any ideas of places I could call that would have ducks for sale? I am in missoula, but would be willing to travel up to an hour to get a friend for my little Saga gal! Thanks for any input! -Bre

Back
Top Bottom