Montana

Anyone in Billings (Or anywhere willing to drive to laurel) looking for cockerels? I'm not really caring what you do with them (as long as its legal), just hace a ton ans im not really wanting to process a ton of them myself.

Also have some nicer quality (still hatchery though) birds if anyone in 4H is looking for next year (pullets and cockerels from this spring)

Not sure where to put this. So here it is. Lol. I live in SW Montana. Up in the mountains. I was really hesitant, but I let my girls out to free range. 8 buff orpingtons and 2 Rhoad Island reds.I tried to keep an eye on them but got busy canning.
When I went out to check later in the afternoon I only found 5 buff Orpington girls. I went searching and eventually found a pile of feathers for each missing chicken. So sad !!!!! I have had chickens through out the years and have lost a few to hawks. I actually lost a leg horn hen about 5 months ago. I found a pile of feathers and some blood but no body. So I kept them in for a few months. Then tried again when evening came my buff rooster didn't come in. No sign of him not even feathers ! So I was afraid to let them out again but they were miserable and bored in the coop.
My question is WHAT could have taken them ???? I found no bodies !!! And like 6 chickens are gone. I could see one or even 2 but 6 ???? We have a Rottweiler and a border collie/lab. So if a coyote came up they should have seen. Any one have any ideas ????? TIA

Not sure where to put this. So here it is. Lol. I live in SW Montana. Up in the mountains. I was really hesitant, but I let my girls out to free range. 8 buff orpingtons and 2 Rhoad Island reds.I tried to keep an eye on them but got busy canning.
When I went out to check later in the afternoon I only found 5 buff Orpington girls. I went searching and eventually found a pile of feathers for each missing chicken. So sad !!!!! I have had chickens through out the years and have lost a few to hawks. I actually lost a leg horn hen about 5 months ago. I found a pile of feathers and some blood but no body. So I kept them in for a few months. Then tried again when evening came my buff rooster didn't come in. No sign of him not even feathers ! So I was afraid to let them out again but they were miserable and bored in the coop.
My question is WHAT could have taken them ???? I found no bodies !!! And like 6 chickens are gone. I could see one or even 2 but 6 ???? We have a Rottweiler and a border collie/lab. So if a coyote came up they should have seen. Any one have any ideas ????? TIA
hmmm, i dont know it could be anything, even a skunk!

Back
Top Bottom