Montana

Pics
Anyone know where to get hay or straw? I'm thinking I will need it for my chickens nests. Also what do I do with a whole bale in the winter time? Maybe put it in the run? Any ways I am looking for some for my nests to try on my chickens.

You could ask at your local feed store for places to get just 1 or 2 bales of straw, or check in the Thrifty Nickel. I use shaveings in my nests, and I also saved some of the grass when I mowed my lawn, that worked great. Good luck.

Hello! I live just outside of Billings in Huntley. Got my first chickens this spring. So far my kids and I have been LOVING it! Cant wait for eggs!

Andrea
smile.png

Thanks azriel , maybe. I will do the same as you
thumbsup.gif

Hi Andrea welcome to the board. Nice to meet you, we are first time chicken people to lol can not wait for an egg either, just one please birds just give me one lol
lau.gif

Welcome Andrea, I'm not to far from you, I'm between Roundup and Billings, and my BF lives outside of Shepherd. If you know of anyone that needs a nice roo, I have some sweet EE's from very blue eggs, and a very pretty Creol Orp project roo that I would like to rehome rather than send to the chopping block.
Not to bragg or anything, but I just got my first egg from my new 16 week old production red pullets. I've had chickens for about 2 years, but was given adults, so this is the first egg from baby chicks that I raised. I got my production reds from TSC along with some SLW that I bought to butcher, but most of them have turned out to be pullets, so I guess I'll have lots of eggs to eat, and less chicken in the freezer.

Got my chicks yesterday
big_smile.png
20 of them! they are doing well so far!

The random storms we get here will take getting used to! LOL Can be totally clear and sunny and bam! small thunderstorm. Sort of cool in a way, when its not crazy like a few of them have been.

Yeah. We got into the wheat fields. DH and DS are harvesting, I got demoted from truck driver by DS, but I'm not complaining; no AC in the truck.
wink.png

Got a ton of stuff to do.

Saw the northern lights out last night just after dusk. Boy were they bright. You know they say if you see them the weather is going to change in 2 weeks.

Karla dentist appointment in Helena on the 25th of this month. Keep me away from Lowes!!!!!! I will spend a few hours in there.

My husband just landed a wonderful self esteem biulding, higher paying job..... in Colarado!!
roll.png
Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled for him and excited at the range of possibilites this opens up for our future. This means however that I need to start down sizing now! So if anyone in or around the Great Falls /Conrad area is looking to add to their flock, or their freezer (my oldest birds are 3) please let me know.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom