Montana

Pics
If anyone is interested, there is going to be a poultry swap/sale in the parking lot of TSC in Billings Sat 8-27, 8am-5pm. I know thats tomorrow, but I just found out. I'm going to try to go for a whie in the morning.
My BF owns a 1000 acre ranch down by Lame Deer that we just found out has been burnt up, I think we are going to take off in the afternoon to see how bad the damage is.

Quote:
That is devastating to hear about your BF! They will be in our thoughts and prayers. Our fair in Dillon is this week and my daughter will be bringing 3 of our hens to show. We are not in 4-h this year just the open class. We now have 2 EE's laying, and a light brahma joined the group. Of course Cluck Cluck decided to go broody so she isn't laying so that adds Taffy our littlest bantam cochins. 4 eggs a day is pretty good though, now if we can get the standard cochins on board!

Quote:
That is devastating to hear about your BF! They will be in our thoughts and prayers. Our fair in Dillon is this week and my daughter will be bringing 3 of our hens to show. We are not in 4-h this year just the open class. We now have 2 EE's laying, and a light brahma joined the group. Of course Cluck Cluck decided to go broody so she isn't laying so that adds Taffy our littlest bantam cochins. 4 eggs a day is pretty good though, now if we can get the standard cochins on board!

What date is the fair? Would love to see a decent fair, round here it's so lame! We are now getting 2 eggs a day, we are thrilled lol

Howdy to All You from Montana,
I've been watching for a MT thread, but first time I happened to catch it. Seems I always get sidetracked before I get around to search.....
So far I am just into poultry for my own use & hobby ,but trying out some other breeds just to see what will survive in this extreme climate on the Canadian border. Anybody have any experience with Pyncheons ? I would be interested in a brief report from someone attending Swap in Billings as sounds like fun ! Probably a really good thing I was TOO busy to attend ! Does MT have a poultry show other than the fairs ?
Sorry to hear about fire damage around the state. So far just minimal smoke on occasion up here.

Quote:

What date is the fair? Would love to see a decent fair, round here it's so lame! We are now getting 2 eggs a day, we are thrilled lol

Karla, its starting tomorrow. Mostly with just entries, Dillon has quite the hoppin fair/labor day celebration. We don't check in chickens until Thursday. Probably Friday and Sat are the best days to come. Well Poultry judging is Friday morning, but any time after that. Then Sunday is the big rodeo and concert and check out for animals.

Quote:

Karla, its starting tomorrow. Mostly with just entries, Dillon has quite the hoppin fair/labor day celebration. We don't check in chickens until Thursday. Probably Friday and Sat are the best days to come. Well Poultry judging is Friday morning, but any time after that. Then Sunday is the big rodeo and concert and check out for animals.

Im thinking of heading down and having a fun day of it thi weekend. I need some relaxation ! and I love carnivals LOL. thanks for the heads up !!
smile.png

We will be around the fair most of Saturday I think. I sold a hen who is going to her new owner at the fair on Saturday. Hannah has 3 hens in the poultry building too so we might see you around. Anyhow enjoy! Let me know if you need directions to the fairgrounds.

Oh my that is weird Karla, the number of posts we both have shown on both those last 2 post was the same,428. Well this will bump mine up, but it was funny anyhow!

Quote:
LOL wow thats weird .
well I was trying to find out the cost of the fair, and the carnival there etc. so I can figure out how much I will blow there in money. Hard to come up with a lot these days. I do want to go! is the fair grounds hard to find?? maybe some directions since I have not ben to dillion in years. thanks hon, looking forward to seeing your birds !

Entry for the fair is $5 per person highschool age and older for parking, its weird. You can park outside and walk in though then I think you can avoid the fee. The carnival is 20 for a wristband or at least thats what the prices were tonight. I don't know if they will jack up the rates for the weekend or not. Take I15 south and then take the first dillon exit,exit 63 which is the I-15-BR/MT-41 exit , toward Dillon/Twin Bridges, take the first right onto Swenson way, its kind of across from the comfort inn I think, if you get to the stoplight at rocky mountain supply/cenex you went too far, Follow swenson way around and it becomes bannack street. You will go past a kids fishing pond, the ymca and then you head more into town, then turn right onto railroad ave. it is the street right before the railroad tracks. Follow railroad ave into the Beaverhead county fairgrounds. Be careful because you have a yield sign the street before the fairgrounds thats easy to miss and there is often fast traffic going the other way on the street.

Back
Top Bottom