Montana

Pics
And I used Murray McMurray last spring and all of them arrived alive and I only lost 1 later on but I don't think it had anything to do with the hatchery. I am hatching out a dozen Aloha eggs so I probably am not ordering any chicks though:)

Edited ...
On second thought maybe not, getting them here or there may be a pain in the butt, and I only want 4 . Looking for homegrown ones if I can first.

Last edited:
Anyone here in Montana close by have sex link chicks? Murdocks is getting them in March 8th but I wanted to start mine sooner. So they will lay by June / July last year we had only 3 laying by October, by December only 1 laid and that was the last chicken to lay lol. It would be nice to see 5 eggs from five girls some day! There is a minimum to order from all the places I have seen, but 24 chicks is not an option lol,

They are being bred for good laying and dual purpose birds. I actually won the eggs from Laree's blog, and was very excited because I really love the look of the swedish flower hens but can't afford them, so this is a good alternative! It will be a bit of an experiment for us but I am excited to see how it turns out!
Went and looked these up, very pretty! Very pretty indeed! How is there laying habits?

I hear ya on the laying! But now I have so many laying I can't keep up with the eggs. Especially since I am getting 3 duck eggs a day in addition to 10 or so chicken eggs. Reminds me I need to go order some cartons for my duck eggs, they are too large for anything I have.
They are being bred for good laying and dual purpose birds. I actually won the eggs from Laree's blog, and was very excited because I really love the look of the swedish flower hens but can't afford them, so this is a good alternative! It will be a bit of an experiment for us but I am excited to see how it turns out!

I love that you have all those babies comig, I wish you hadthe ones I wanted! Sex links, or a pretty EE . I want babies so I can get them started and be able to put them out side by April. In a new coop I'm having built. Would love to try a duck egg, !

I have 2 ee's that of course the kids are attached too. They are good layers in the summer but at the first sign of cold they quit....I will have to let you you know the next time we get to Butte and I will bring some duck eggs.

Back
Top Bottom