Montana

Pics
Hi Popsicle, welcome to MT, your going to love it out here.
If your interested, I'll be having Blue Copper Marans available later this summer.
Is anyone going to the Rocky Mountain Chickenstock in Idaho Falls May 5th? I think I'm going to try to go, sounds fun, and I'll have some older W/BW Ameraucana chicks that I can take to sell.
If anyone is interested I have a few really nice BSL started pullets for sale.

Hi Azriel! I'm so sorry I missed this! I would certainly buy a couple Blue Copper Marans! I knew there was a reason I was saving space in the coop!

So far we are loving it here! My mom and several friends have been out here for several years, so I've visited the area many times (usually at least twice a year). I'm still adjusting to a few differences between here and Wisconsin--mostly that I can't run over to the creamery for a great assortment of fresh cheese (including my favorite, Chocolate Cheese Fudge). I spend entirely too much time staring out the windows at the mountains.

Why don't you guys go to the real Rocky Mountain Poultry Assn's Spring Fling show in Hamilton on May 5????

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ng-fling-saturday-may-5th-2012-in-hamilton-mt

Wouldn't miss it for the world! I love this show and have learned so much each year from the participants and from the lectures. I plan to show my bantam Araucana hen this year - she took champion AOCCL at the Great Falls Expo.
Jean, I brought home hatching eggs from you last year and hatched out a couple of Silver Ameraucana roosters. WOW! I am really hooked! I had never been that into the silver Ameraucanas or the Silver duckwing Araucanas, but having seen these boys in real life I am suddenly crazy anxious to find some girls and begin breeding seriously. The last I heard this variety was really struggling to improve to the standard. I should check into the Ameraucana forum more often and see how they are coming along.

If you want to seriously work on the silvers let me know. My gals are laying up a storm, but there has been a complication in my line which needs to be sorted out.

The eggs are a nice light blue and pretty good sized!

Are you entering any Silvers in the show? I think that of all the varieties, these are the one's that have to be SEEN to be appreciated. Even if they are not exactly show worthy (like my boy - he's pretty messy) they are a very dramatic bird.

I also have a buff Ameraucana rooster from your eggs - he's such a stout guy! Whenever people come over to see our birds, he is the one who stops people in their tracks. I have had a lot of questions about him and I know nothing about that color. If I ever run into someone who is seriously interested in breeding the buffs, I would love to pass him on - he is certainly not living up to his full potential in my Easter Egger breeding pens.

tell me more on this show, seems it would be closer to get there then idaho falls. also anyone got a web site link? I would love to see other birds, and see whats out there these days. I need some info on where to stay and cost etc.

tell me more on this show, seems it would be closer to get there then idaho falls. also anyone got a web site link? I would love to see other birds, and see whats out there these days. I need some info on where to stay and cost etc.

It's at the Hamilton fairgrounds. Every year the quality of the birds brought to show has been stellar - I highly recommend coming if it's something you're interested in. As as far as places to stay, I think that the club usually reserves a block of rooms at one of the motels nearby and gets a modest discount for anyone staying in those reserved rooms. I'm just a few mile down the road so I've never had to do the motel thing for this show, but I'll try and find you the info on it.
It would be a ton of fun to meet you there Karla!

Your chicks will be nine weeks old at that date...... I wonder if we could find enough people to sex them for us at that age to make it wise for you to take home the girls that young? Or too risky? Hmmm..... Those RIRs are the easiest of my breeds to sex...... Hmmmm..... Just thinking aloud here......

Is anyone going to the Rocky Mountain Chickenstock in Idaho Falls May 5th? I think I'm going to try to go, sounds fun, and I'll have some older W/BW Ameraucana chicks that I can take to sell.
If anyone is interested I have a few really nice BSL started pullets for sale.

Too bad these are the same weekend - it's going to affect the attendance of both shows.
sad.png

I wish I would have known about that one, but I'm meeting someone at the show in Idaho Falls to sell some of my Wheatens. It really is too bad their the same weekend.

I wish I would have known about that one, but I'm meeting someone at the show in Idaho Falls to sell some of my Wheatens. It really is too bad their the same weekend.

It is too bad - I was scrolling backwards when I saw talk of the Idaho show and was getting excited about another show close enough to attend - I was bummed when I found your original post and the date. I wonder if they are always on the same weekend? I know that last year's Hamilton show was later in the month, so perhaps next year they won't overlap. Please let us know how the show goes - I really, really would like to know if there are any true Araucanas shown - the rumples and tufted birds.

Are you going to show anything or are you going to drool and dream? How did you find out about it? It seems like so often I learn of shows and events as they are happening - what am I not tuned into that I should be?
Good luck with your wheatens!

Back
Top Bottom