Month old with what seems to be a broken toe.

Has she always had it? Or is the bend new? It almost looks like she was born with a crooked toe. There is no visible swelling or redness that I would expect to see with a new fracture. Can the toe be moved? Does it go back to a more normal position? I would test it to see if it moves freely like a displaced fracture would. If it does then I would tape a booty on her foot like you would with crooked toes until it heals. If it doesn't freely move then I think I would leave it alone.

Edited to add-
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Hiya!

As far as I know she's had it for awhile. I did try moving it around (very gently) but it didn't seem like it wanted to go into the normal position. She didn't seem to react that it was causing her pain when I moved it either. I'll leave it alone for now. Which was my plan anyway--I was curious if anyone else had seen something like this.

Thanks for your reply and thoughts--I really appreciate it!

A

If she's had it for a while it is possible she was born with it. It's frequently a hatch defect that can be fixed really easily if it's spotted immediately. In a one month old I would expect her to be too old to repair at this point. Oh, well... She'll likely be just fine with it, but she may be prone to injuring that foot in the future due to the toe's awkward angle. I'd watch out for that.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom