More BBS orpingtons in my 'bator... Splash Magic - Photos

Zippedchick.jpg

Look out! More cute little fuzzy butts on the way at Miss P's!

BTW-I thought you weren't going to do any hatches this time of year due to the heat you have down there.

I am only hatching Bonnie's eggs. I collect them daily and every few days put them in the bator.

I won't be hatching any shipped eggs.

Quote:
I hope I get to that point soon. I have a black pullet and a splash roo and I hope to be able to incubate their eggs for some blue girls for Diesel. I guess I could always switch it up and put the two blacks together and raise their black chicks up for the Splash roo too. I really have orps on the brain lately.

Quote:
I will have some available as I pick and choose what I want to keep from the eggs I am hatching. I have alot of splash chicks right now and I don't know how many I will be keeping.

My flock is closed. I don't do meet ups and swaps. I don't risk carrying back disease to my own flock. I only hatch my own.

If you wonder "why, it can't be that big of a risk" read gumpsgirl's threads and how she lost a huge number of her flock from one little chick that died when she got it home. It happens more than you realize.

Any chicks you might get from me in the future I must insist that you quarrentine them from your flock and take heavy biosecure measures to prevent any type of outbreak.

I have never had any illness in my flock. My chickens are not vaccinated and have not been raised on any medicated feeds. I beleive them to be clean. You can never be sure of the natural flora and fauna of bacteria that exists in different flocks and how your own flock may react to a new group of germs.

I have a Blue Orpington Cockeral that is available now to a good home. He is 20 weeks old.

blueboy1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom