More Chick Pics

marie_martin

Songster
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Grenada, MS
here are some more pictures I took. Still trying to figure out the new camera, and some did not turn out very well. But here goes anyway.

My beautiful son holding a little blue silkie from my flock.

IMG_0507.jpg

Here are the newest hatchlings. The bottom two are two of the bantam cochins I just hatched from my swap eggs, then above them is a blue silkie from my eggs and then three more cochins and then finally, in the corner, my bantam faverolle (another girl, ugghh)

IMG_0503.jpg

Some fuzzy butts running across the yard.

IMG_0501.jpg

Mama (Blue) and some of her chicks, some she hatched some she adopted from another broody who just decided not to fool with them after they were a week or so old. She has 9 that she cares for now.

IMG_0500.jpg

That is all of the better ones. Have to try to get more this weekend.

Marie

Thanks. I love the action shots too. They are so funny running full out with those fuzzy bottoms. Of course as you can see the two larger ones with the best feathering are both roos. At a month old they are already much heavier and have wattles starting. Dang it. I gues the male species is just stronger in poultry and survive more often. And it is so hard for me to sell them or get rid of them once I get attached. I have not even thought about any names this time because I wont be keeping many of them so I think I will just wait until I decide who stays before naming them. But I just adore them all to pieces. I am so excited to see how the little cochins from Bob (muddler6) turn out. Hoping for at least one frizzle. But either way is fine with me.

Marie

Look at all those Splash youngsters! They are really looking nice Marie, I know what you mean about naming them I have long since stopped naming them when they hatch. There are so many that don't get to stay. I love the photo of your son holding the baby. Great shot.

Thanks Jaynie. I think we can safely say that my blue roo is doing his job with the blue girls. Out of 13 chicks I hatched from my eggs, 8 of them are splash! Pretty high percentage. So I am guessing the black sizzle is just guarding the flock and the blue roo is doing the rest. I am getting no sizzles or frizzles. I am going to change things up soon though. Separate them out. I love splash but I don't want all splash. I love the shot of my son holding that little blue baby too. Two cuties in one shot.

Marie

Back
Top Bottom