More Chicken Questions????

MrCluck

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 21, 2012
I was wondering.On average how many eggs does a rhode island red hen produce in one week? what kind of nuitrishion does a rhode island red need in one week (like how humans need about 2-3 servings of milk, 2-3 servings of meat or beans, 2-4 servings of fruit, 3-5 servings of vegitables, and 6-11 servings of grain)? How much money would it cost to give one hen that amount of nuitrishion in one week?
idunno.gif

A hen in her prime lays about 5 to 6 on average. They lay about 260 to 300 eggs a year. They take breaks form time to time for things like molting and just because. For the nutrition question I'd post that in the, Feeding and Watering, section. A lot of people there who can give a better answer than I.

Buy the layer feed, it is complete nutrition, and will grow healthy birds. Healthy birds with their nutritional need being met, will lay the most eggs.

I once asked a professional bird raiser, who is an expert, what he fed his birds, and he told me that while he added a few treats, (very few) his birds ate the layer feed. It had what the birds needed.

As to the cost, that could be best answered in the feed and water situation. I have eight - 12 birds, and go through a bag of feed, about 4 weeks....I think.

Go to the forum button at the top. click it the forum page comes up. scroll down until you come to the forum section you want. in this case, Feeding and Watering your Flock.

Back
Top Bottom