more prayers needed for my nephew

update 2/15 Derrick isn't doing so hot... his white blood count is only 100 so he cant have visitors. he is severly depresses. he turns on the tv with no sound and just lays there with his arms crossed. barely talks to anyone. he wont answer the phone when people call him . doctors started him on antidepressants. his girlfriend got a local bakery to make him so cupcakes in his favorite flavors and they gave it to him for free. he did eat them but he wont eat anything else. says it doesn't taste good.

Also more bad news... Aydens mom had to go back to work to help put food on the table and they needed a better car to get him to Houston... he lost his disability and Medicaid...no warning on his insurance being dropped... he was supposed to get his trach out next month and now they cant afford his 1500 month medical supplies doctors visits, nurse and medical equiptment rental. or his procedure...and she cant afford to quit her job she now has a car note. pray that they can get this figured out... it wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't have his trach.

update: derrick is doing amazing. he may go home on sunday or Monday... his hair is falling out in clumps. when he gets out of the hospital his aunt is going to shave his and his dads heads... he is eating. his favorate thing to eat right now is Chicago dogs from sonic...

He started chemo Monday... he did four days of his five.... He was admitted to the hospital last night with 104 fever. they say he has an infection somewhere so they are trying to figure out where ... and on top of that he will have to start his chemo over from the beginning as soon as he is better. he is really sick and cant eat anything... he hasn't eaten in a couple of days... so please continue prayers for him and his family
Update... my nephew is home from the hospital. I think he is going to try to play putt putt this evening or at least try. he is tired of being cooped up. he lost 30 lbs. already.

Back
Top Bottom