More questions........Hovabator?

PhlyinPheBee

Poodles, Chicken, Goats--OH MY!!
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
Northeast Louisiana
BRAND NEW HOVA-BATOR INCUBATOR 1602N & 1611 EGG TURNER-----I found this on eBay. It is 78.95 plus 15.49 shipping.

Is that a good price?? Is this a good incubator for a newbie?? Just to have one to hatch a few eggs from my own hens.

I have the hova1602n. It is working fine. My first batch it did have a temp. spike and fried my eggs. My second try worked with almost a 100% hatch rate and I did have 2 temp. spikes on the second. I am on my 3rd batch now...hopefully they hatch. I am a newbie. I don't have a turner, I do it by hand twice a day.

Can't say on the price...mine was given to me

Last edited:
http://www.cutlersupply.com/

Take
a look at Cutler and compare prices. I am constantly plugging them because their prices are great and they have fantastic customer service. Whenever I've had problems, they've been right there to help me.

Personally, I don't use the 1602 because it is a still air incubator without a fan. But, there are quite a few people who hatch fine with still air incubators.

I have used all three of the forced air incubators and, of course, prefer the Genesis, but I also like the picture window non-Genesis...I can't remember the numbers.

Good luck!

I just bought the hova bator from TSC for $41.99. I didn't buy it but the egg turner was right at another $40. $80+tax you'd have a brand new one, and wouldn't have to wait for it to come in.

I highly reccomend the 1588 but I think this one is good for the beginner, if it comes with the fan. I'm not sure which is which, less chance of temp spikes.

I think that I have deceided on the 1588 with a turner. I found one on the Cutler site thanks to Calebs Acre. Thanks Nancy. It is 155.95 + 14.80 shipping.

Back
Top Bottom