More questions........Hovabator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PhlyinPheBee, May 16, 2009.

1. PhlyinPheBee

PhlyinPheBee Poodles, Chicken, Goats--OH MY!!

Mar 11, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    BRAND NEW HOVA-BATOR INCUBATOR 1602N & 1611 EGG TURNER-----I found this on eBay. It is 78.95 plus 15.49 shipping.

Is that a good price?? Is this a good incubator for a newbie?? Just to have one to hatch a few eggs from my own hens.

2. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    I have the hova1602n. It is working fine. My first batch it did have a temp. spike and fried my eggs. My second try worked with almost a 100% hatch rate and I did have 2 temp. spikes on the second. I am on my 3rd batch now...hopefully they hatch. I am a newbie. I don't have a turner, I do it by hand twice a day.

Can't say on the price...mine was given to me

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  3. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    http://www.cutlersupply.com/

Take
    a look at Cutler and compare prices. I am constantly plugging them because their prices are great and they have fantastic customer service. Whenever I've had problems, they've been right there to help me.

Personally, I don't use the 1602 because it is a still air incubator without a fan. But, there are quite a few people who hatch fine with still air incubators.

I have used all three of the forced air incubators and, of course, prefer the Genesis, but I also like the picture window non-Genesis...I can't remember the numbers.

Good luck!

4. pattyjean73

pattyjean73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    NW Arkansas
    I just bought the hova bator from TSC for $41.99. I didn't buy it but the egg turner was right at another $40. $80+tax you'd have a brand new one, and wouldn't have to wait for it to come in.

5. LoveMyBirds

LoveMyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
  6. old mill poultry

old mill poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    I highly reccomend the 1588 but I think this one is good for the beginner, if it comes with the fan. I'm not sure which is which, less chance of temp spikes.

7. PhlyinPheBee

PhlyinPheBee Poodles, Chicken, Goats--OH MY!!

Mar 11, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    I think that I have deceided on the 1588 with a turner. I found one on the Cutler site thanks to Calebs Acre. Thanks Nancy. It is 155.95 + 14.80 shipping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by