More symptoms of possible wry neck

flyballgirl

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 3, 2013
Our chicken, Kanani, is still sick for over a month now. It is possibly wry neck and I am treating her with vitamins and electrolytes and am shopping for the selenium but could not find it today.
Her symptoms keep changing and some days she seems better and others worse. Is this normal?
Today her symptoms are: pale comb but it gets red and then fades later in the day, right eye is closed and has been the whole time (this was one of her first symptoms), trouble breathing - she is stretching her neck and opening her mouth a lot, twisting her neck, walking in circles, walking backward, falls over and cannot get up, drinking a lot (but I think this is good), her feet are not yellow they are more white, pooping less and today it looks like she has started losing her feathers.
I know if it is wry neck that it takes a while but it sure is painful to watch her :-(
Also, she has been separated from the rest of the flock and is in her own enclosure with shavings and her food and water which we change several times a day.

Kanani passed away :-(

I'm sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
I'm sure you did everything you could.

Back
Top Bottom