Moscuvy ducklings question

Oh, and beware of the “female Muscovies have pointy tails” tip. I have no idea if that is specific to certain strains, but my two have very rounded tails and are female!
I haven't found that to be true either. I have females with pointy tails, some with round. Same with my drakes too. One is pointy and one is round. I have found this to be more of an urban legend.

I will also say some Muscovy you can sex pretty early and fairly easily. While others closer to the middle can take a bit longer to confirm. One of my females is very smaller. I got them from the breeder and they were 5-6 weeks old and super obvious at that point. Their feather growth is also different at that age too. But others that age were harder to tell.

I haven't found that to be true either. I have females with pointy tails, some with round. Same with my drakes too. One is pointy and one is round. I have found this to be more of an urban legend.

I will also say some Muscovy you can sex pretty early and fairly easily. While others closer to the middle can take a bit longer to confirm. One of my females is very smaller. I got them from the breeder and they were 5-6 weeks old and super obvious at that point. Their feather growth is also different at that age too. But others that age were harder to tell.
Thank you, by the look of them now - there isnt any assumption to be assumed? I am very curious!

Back
Top Bottom