Mosquito bites

Even my mosquito bites have mosquito bites! I am so itchy that I want to use a straight razor to scratch with! My MIL told me to put rubbing alcohol on them, but I know that will sting and I'm a chicken. Will have to give the deodorant a try (on the bites, that is!)

I feel so bad for all the people who have been posting about the gnats and flies and mosquito swarms. I heard there is a mosquito plant or citronella geranium out there that works great for repelling mosquitoes. Might have to hang that around the coop, once the DH and the carpenter friend get it built. I keep threatening to keep the chickens in the bathtub if they don't get moving on this. My chicks are coming August 2-4!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Okay, I used the Old Spice and they still itch.

But at least my mosquito bites smell good!!!

Maybe someone meant we're supposed to carry the deodorant
tube around with us and smash the mosquito's with it? I even
gave up and came inside...didn't work. So much rain, the mosquitos
are really big this year...they can get the door open.

A hydrocortisone cream will really help. That's what made me think of Anusol........if it takes care of the itch that it is really made for, why wouldn't it take care of the itch from a bite...

Quote:
Most deoderants, like Old Spice, have a lot of alcohol in them, lol.

I have tried the citronella geraniums - they only help if you are literally rolling in them. Move 12" away and you are nicely scented mosquito bait!
big_smile.png

Rosemary oil diluted and put into a spray pump will keep them off. I am allergic to the bites (I swell up-bites get as big as quarters even BEFORE I scrathc them) and mosquitos find me and bite me before they go after anyone else. But the rosemary oil will keep me safe for 4 hours if its hot out and I sweat, and longer if its cold out.

This is kind of funny....but when ever my bites swelled really big I was in the family way.....no kidding. My jusband would say, "Girl what bit you?" and by the third baby he would say, "Well lets start picking out names!"
lau.gif

chickensducks&agoose :

I use a hippie tea tree deoderant. It didn't work. DH's old spice did though...

Lol, I needed that.

Actually, I still have some of my departed husband's Old Spice left.​

Back
Top Bottom