Most colorful egg layer?

Hunny

Songster
9 Years
Feb 22, 2010
I want to know! What breed is the most colorful egg layer?

I really like what we have for our first ladies, but Id be really interrested to know which hens are the most colorful.
Other considerations for the breed, would be does well with confinement...as I will be bringing the coop into the garage during winter storms etc.

Quote:
Hens of any breed tend to be rather plain and dull. Now, if you want some colorful hens, get you some fluorescent spray paint, some duct tape and a landing net....

Quote:
Hens of any breed tend to be rather plain and dull. Now, if you want some colorful hens, get you some fluorescent spray paint, some duct tape and a landing net....

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
Easter Eggers are very colorful egg layers. It is what I have. They can lay blue, pinkish, green and or brown eggs. They are also colorful as a flock. They can be several different colors. They are also able to handle confinement well.

Last edited:
Quote:
Easter Eggers are very colorful egg layers. It is what I have. They can lay blue, pinkish, green and or brown eggs. They are also colorful as a flock. They can be several different colors. They are also able to handle confinement well.

I think shes looking for coloration of the bird itself, not the eggs...

Quote:

I think shes looking for coloration of the bird itself, not the eggs...

well... ameracaunas/easter eggers are colorful as well as the eggs they lay.
wink.png

oh, sorry for jumping in
idunno.gif

Quote:
Okay I feel like a putz asking this question,
hide.gif
...ok here goes:

Do Easter Eggers lay different color eggs per one (1) bird? Let me say it this way; If I have one (1) EE, will she/could she lay a blue egg one day, a green egg the next day, etc...?
hu.gif

fl.gif
Please go easy on me... I'm still a newbie

Last edited:
No, a hen will only lay one color of egg. If she lays blue..they are always blue. EEs are a good choice. I had EEs in several different colors and they were what I considered my most diverse flock when it comes to plumage color.

Back
Top Bottom