Most cost effective egg laying breed

My brown leghorns used to be REALLY flighty!! they would fly over the barn,and up into the oaks I HATED THEM!!!,I complained that i would never raise another leghorn agian!! lol,but now i changed my mind..Now that they are mature,they are good looking birds,not flighty,dont liked to be picked up,but when i do they want to be pet and scratched.i have one out of 4 of my b leghorns that is wild,but my white leghorn is freindly altogather.but she is easily spooked and very light on her feet lol..i love the leghorns combs and wattles though goofy suckers you know.

It may be the reason mine arnt the typical bad leghorns behavior ,because i didnt raise many ,first run i only had one,then i raised one more,then raised 4 more .

For some reason my customers frown on white eggs...i donno why..but they like to see brown..lol i guess the media got to em... lol

As long as they pay for theyre food and my gas money im happy.(btw i dont have to drive much,just to town a couple times a month,and to work wich is in the country only 8 miles away.)

I found a chicken called "Mighty MO Super Egg Machine No 36", it supposedly lays every day. One is in Guiness records for 488 eggs in a year. Said it eats less but produces more.

Back
Top Bottom