most yolks in one egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Brianm97, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Brianm97

Brianm97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Connecticut
    i was just curious what the most yolks in one egg were. also what is the biggest youve had

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    There for a while when our Australorps first started laying, we got a lot of double yolkers, one day Sally laid this monster egg that would'nt even come close to fitting in the slot in a large egg carton. Then she did'nt lay for about a month! I'm surprised it did'nt kill her! There was a guy on cnn a while back that had a hen lay a huge monster egg and his hen died later on that night!

3. MkBorgen

MkBorgen Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2009
    [​IMG]
    The most I've had is 2 but this was my cool egg within an egg!

4. Brianm97

Brianm97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Connecticut
    wow
    cool
    this is mine
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  5. MkBorgen

Sep 20, 2009
    [​IMG]
    And this is the biggest I've had.

6. cposz

cposz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Twin Cities, MN
    ummm ... ouch.

7. Blue_Myst

Blue_Myst Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    I don't have pictures, but I did get a triple yolker once! My poor hen walked around with shocked stare on her face for the rest of the day.

8. aimeeinwv

aimeeinwv Chillin' With My Peeps

When my girls first started laying, the first week someone laid 2 triple yolks and 3 doubles. Even my dear old grandma hadn't seen that! The 3rd yolk was a bit smaller, but intact! Now, just simple plain ole 1 yolk eggs. I guess they had to get it figured out. [​IMG]

9. MkBorgen

Sep 20, 2009
    Are they new layers? For about the first 3 months 3 of my 8 always laid double yokers and now they have stopped with the doubles but are still good sized like yours.

10. mandyree

mandyree New Egg

Dec 28, 2012
    I cracked an egg with 3 yolks on Saturday. It was from one of our 6 month old Australorps.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by