Motion Lights Worked!

WAchickychicky

In the Brooder
Nov 24, 2020
I know it won't scare off something like a raccoon for a long time (as they will get used to it) but my husband installed several very bright motion detecting lights this winter when I was needing to go out and close up our broody kennel every night. We hoped it would help with predators as well, the coop is tightly secured, but it's always nice to know your plan worked! Don't want raccoons to get too familiar hanging out near the coop.

I woke up at 11pm to a bright light, threw on my glasses and saw a chubby trash panda completely frozen in the light beam of one of the lights. It waited until the light shut off, moved again and froze. Gave me enough time to run out in my robe and make some noise to drive home the unwelcome mat.

A win for the good guys! Does anyone else use motion lights as part of their predator arsenal?

I have but the predators got used to setting them off and now sometimes it won't turn off so I disconnected it. I have several cameras on my property. Most of the predators here roam at night.
A little over a month ago at my chick/grow-out coop, a bobcat.
DSCF0002112 09Rev.jpg

Back
Top Bottom