Mottled chickens changing appearance over time - photos?

Unless it's not. @MysteryChicken has a project going with birds that get whiter every molt. I believe it's under the title chameleon project.

I believe hers where not mottled tho. I would have to revisit the thread to be sure.
Thread Title is Black To White Experiment. I'm calling my project birds Chameleons.

My Blue mottled banty hen's mottling either stays the same, or becomes abit less with each molt. I need updated pictures.
20201119_133255.jpg

My Blue mottled banty hen's mottling either stays the same, or becomes abit less with each molt.
Less mottling? That's interesting!

I also read in your thread about your chameleons, very bizarre. Could you already rule out the mottled gene? They look like their white spots are coming from the base of the feathers, aren't they? So basically quite the opposite of mottled?

I also read in your thread about your chameleons, very bizarre. Could you already rule out the mottled gene? They look like their white spots are coming from the base of the feathers, aren't they? So basically quite the opposite of mottled?
Yes, it is interesting. May get updated picture of her today.

I've ruled out mottling at pretty much the start of the discovery, of my birds changing color. White isn't the only color that appears to increase, or decrease, Red does also which is interesting.

She had a photo shoot.
20240207_124517.jpg
20240207_124602.jpg
20240207_124603.jpg
20240207_124626.jpg
20240207_124731.jpg

Back
Top Bottom