mottled houdans

chickendales

Songster
8 Years
Feb 24, 2011
Michigan
pick up a mottled houdan cock today what u think he lil wet from the rain and is in his isolation cage in the gorage
80875_img_7374_2.jpg

80875_img_7368_2.jpg

Search up and read back on some old topics on Mottled Houdans. You'll notice that none in the US are truly up to par, although color isn't really a matter right now. What is, is the body. It is a little hard to say but so far it seems he's okay, not enough breast, and it is hard to judge the crest, but he looks a little better than most I've seen.

The Mottled Houdan on the feathersite photo is not "what they should look like"
wink.png
- Too little breast, too little white, too low set of tail, very drooped wing carriage.

crest is full pin feathers he kinda not in best shape was in with 3 other males and its been wet and cold here michigan but well have take better pic in a month or so

Quote:
Would love to see him then.
smile.png

I'm a huge fan of Houdans and the preservation of them, but I'm not a fan of the commercialized, common, and dare I say ruined version hatcheries made out of them.

Quote:
Would love to see him then.
smile.png

I'm a huge fan of Houdans and the preservation of them, but I'm not a fan of the commercialized, common, and dare I say ruined version hatcheries made out of them.

my next project is to find hens for him

Quote:
I'll be honest with you - He does.

He has the same upright body, same breast, same tail as even my Tolbunt cockerel. He need as a more horizontal body, a deeper chest, - He needs to look like a truly dual purpose bird with 5 toes, beard/muffs, and a crest.

5260974557_5dddcf0d0e_z.jpg

As said, still better than most I've seen, but he still is quite similar to Polish. And even my pictured boy isn't as Polish really should be, but very close.

Back
Top Bottom