Mottled Silkies?...Calling out for Silkie Experts.

I see that this thread has not been commented on in a while, BUT I am VERY interested in working on a Mottled line in my flock. I can start from the very beginning, but id prefer to get some F10-F15 generation birds so I can start working with them heavily in my program, and start exhibiting them in my area, NC. Does anyone have any eggs or birds that they would be willing to part with???
F10 - F15? no such a thing, But I guess you mean birds that are already past the F1 and more silkie than not

Yes F10-F15 as in 10-15 generations of breeding...like in all AOV projects
15 generations? you know how long that is? in any case I doubt a breeder would say, hey I am working on these ones, they are not finished yet, they are my F15 project birds.... they say that for the first F1,F2, BC1 and BC2 anything after that is bassically pure...

I call them Porcelain Silkies, but my records have then marked whatever generation they are for my own sake

hate to see the thread die, i just found it!!
i have my first frizzled lightly mottled silkie chick i will get pictures of her/him in the morning but here's a mottled sizzle pullet. f1
i'm a few years off from a well worked out mottled silkie pen but i thought i would share the work in progress so far.

sorry its very hard to see the white tips to the feathers but i'm hopeful for decent mottling on this one.
you can see them unperson better on her chin, belly, wing tips and foot feathering.
still can't decide if she/he is frizzled sizzle or frizzled silkie?
her feathers aren't barbed or full silkie either.

Back
Top Bottom