Move broody hen?

BenlynFarm

Crowing
Aug 28, 2020
Northwest Arkansas
I have a broody hen sitting on eggs inside the coop in a nest box. This is my first time letting a hen hatch eggs. I didn’t really think about when they hatch, they could fall out. So my question is, should I move her to a brooding box or separate coop with her eggs? Or is it best to wait until they hatch? I had planned on putting her in a small coop once they hatched. If I move her, is there a certain time I should do it? The eggs are on day 14 or 15.

I have a broody hen sitting on eggs inside the coop in a nest box. This is my first time letting a hen hatch eggs. I didn’t really think about when they hatch, they could fall out. So my question is, should I move her to a brooding box or separate coop with her eggs? Or is it best to wait until they hatch? I had planned on putting her in a small coop once they hatched. If I move her, is there a certain time I should do it? The eggs are on day 14 or 15.
If you move her now she may break.
Can post pictures of where she is? Did you mark her eggs on day one to make sure others didn't deposit their eggs in her nest?

Yes, she still has the original 8 eggs and no extras. I can try to get a picture later but she’s in the bottom nest box maybe about a foot and a half off the ground if even that much. Should I just block it off like the day before hatch day?

Back
Top Bottom