Moved eggs

mgibbzzz

Songster
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
Somerset, OH
I came home to find my eggs in the house and my 3 mother hens all in a tizzy. DH said that one of the hens stepped on the egg and cracked it, making baby come out that was not quite ready. He said that it was trying to breathe, but couldn't because it wasn't completely developed. So, now I am waiting for the to hatch here in the house. I have a couple that are movers and shakers! So here is to hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that I can get some of the rest of them to hatch and live!

Good luck!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Well, I went to bed at about 10:30 last night and just after 11, dh came in and said that one was hatching! It was the one that ds said was 'talking' to him, and we had just laughed. It really didn't take it long at all to pop out. But, boy is it lonely! He is chirping away. There are two more eggs from its group to hatch yet, and the other will be for next weeks hatching. Ds has named it lucky, and he is eating and drinking okay. Our conern is that he is by himself. If forwhatever reasons the others do not hatch, will he die? I've never had to deal only having one chick at a time. Any thoughts? Thanks. I'll post a pic as soon as I can.

Back
Top Bottom