Moved my turkey because of the geese

Discussion in 'Geese' started by SkyWarrior, Jul 21, 2010.

1. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Songster

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    Sigh. I was hoping to not have to do it. The geese, bless their stinking little hearts [​IMG], went after the turkey while I was tending to the chickens. I didn't see the work, but I sure heard it. [​IMG] The turkey ended up standing lie the kid in detention and had its tail feathers pulled out. [​IMG] [​IMG] I took the turkey out of the outside pen and put it in with the new ducks.

Some questions:

Now that the little buggers have beaten up on my Thanksgiving dinner, what are the chances that I could seriously add the two ducks to their pen without getting them beaten up? [​IMG] I'm really thinking the geese have to go solo, which is a shame, but I have enough pens to deal with it. Why are they doing this, besides being geese? I suspect it might be dominance/sexual. These guys have been raised with chickens and turkeys. [​IMG] I got them as goslings April 8th.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  2. GrumpyOldMan

GrumpyOldMan Chirping

Jun 7, 2010
    SE Louisiana
    I’d say the chances are slim and none. My two Pilgrims are bullies. They will tolerate the chickens and ducks as long as they (chickens and ducks) are not trying to use the wading pool or get too close. They chase them and WILL bite them if they can catch them. The wife or I have to play referee so the ducks can play or cleanup in the water.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: