moving a building?

mom wewantchicks!

Songster
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
buckhannon,wv
well after asking for a few months,my mom finally says to come get the shed/building thing out of her yard!!! im excited it so much bigger so i can get more chickens!!!! anyway i always read about you guys moving buildings and playhouses,so how do you do it? i know dumb question!!! i have no idea the size,maybe 8x12?

Do you have access to any kind of car hauler or trailor and lumber for bracing, cement blocks, car jacks? If so it can be done.
We moved a 8x10 shed a few years ago and it wasn't too difficult.
Brace the walls diaginally. Dig a hole under one end big enough to fit a jack in. Lift enough to put cement blocks under corners. Go to other side and repeat. Keep doing this untill the shed is high enough to slide the trailor under it. Lower and go slow and steady to new destination.
It will take a lot of lumber for bracing and if you are going to have to buy it just for this purpose it might make more sense to pay to have someone else do it.

It's hard to get a shed, building, or supplies to build when you don't have a truck. I don't have one either. I've missed out on quite a few craigslist items because I don't have a way to haul stuff. Now I could fit scraps in my car so I'm keeping my eyes peeled for them.

I hope you get that shed moved to your home. I'm rooting for you.

we have a truck and hubby has access to a trailer at work. i didnt even think about bracing the walls,hmmmm. it isnt really on the ground,it is up on blocks. i was thinking about getting something to slide under it,boards, rebar and having about 6-10? guys just lift it up on the trailer. it is probably alot heavier than it seems though! i will have to call about gettin it moved,but that isnt really an option right now,because we are broke!!

We just moved our 8x16 shed, called a towing truck that had a flat bed and they moved it for us. It was sooo much simpler than trying to do it ourselves!

here is the easy way...

two pieces of heavy duty pvc pipe under the building and roll it. it will slide like butter!

we use that and a fence stretcher hooked on the back of our pick-up cab and haul her up!

my 10 year old and me moved a playhouse with the pvc ourselves!

you'll have to elaborate on the pvc pipe moving technique!!! im trying to picture it....that would be great if it was doable by ourselves.sometimes when it comest ome and hubby doing a project together things can get sticky lol

mom,wewantchicks! :

you'll have to elaborate on the pvc pipe moving technique!!! im trying to picture it....that would be great if it was doable by ourselves.sometimes when it comest ome and hubby doing a project together things can get sticky lol

i know what you mean about sticky...i am no longer allowed to help hang wall paper boarders with my husband!
lol.png

i can try to get a picture of how to use the pvc tubes. super easy.​

Back
Top Bottom