BuffloverT

Chirping
Mar 29, 2021
Hello, I have a five-month-old buff Orpington cock I am going to move into a group of a Speckled Sussex rooster and two Rhode Island hens. Let me give you some background first, this Cock was bought with nine other Buffs. He is the fastest maturing rooster I have ever seen! When we got him at five days old he already had wattles and an attitude. He loves to fight me and attack me but whenever another rooster is in front of him he completely ignores the rooster and walks away. The rooster I am moving him in with, paint has a history of being aggressive, if it was not for me he would have killed another rooster that he had grown up with, but I put them together yesterday and Paint seemed fine but every time the hens or paint got even an inch from Mister. Eggbert, the buff Cock, he would freak out and fly all over the place. The group of buffs he is from are very nervous chickens. I am worried I won't be able to move him because of his nervousness, but I really need to move him. Any advice!???

What if Paint continues to fight him constantly like he did the other one I mentioned, what do I do then? Also is it better to move a few of the hens with Mister. Eggbert? That's what I was thinking of doing.

What if Paint continues to fight him constantly like he did the other one I mentioned, what do I do then?
You will have to remove him before he gets killed. Are your birds free range or in a pen? If he can't get away, the rooster may very well kill him. It's a natural instinct to assure that the dominant rooster's DNA gets to carry on. If you want the hens to become part of that flock, then move them at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom