1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

moving a incubator hatch day

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kimt816, Mar 30, 2009.

1. kimt816

kimt816 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2008
    kernersville, nc
    I have a ? my friends 2nd grade class is hatching eggs well hatch day is today and tomorrow but they have 5 incubators going and spring break starts wednesday they dont know if it is safe to move the incubators with any unhatched eggs to me or not? had anyone had anything like this happen they will not be able to get into the school after tomorrow so all the ones that have hatched are coming to me tonight and tomorrow but they dont wont any stragglers left to die in the incuabator? Help

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I've moved mine close to hatch day before...this weekend as a matter of fact. I have eggs due today and had to move it to a friend's house Saturday night b/c my power was out. They're back home now and 6 of them have pipped so far, so it didn't kill them at least. I'd rather chance it than leave them to die. I usually put them in a carton for the move so they can't roll around too much. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by