Moving about to hatch eggs to hatcher.

muscovy94

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Vicksburg, MS
Hey everyone I have a question. I have two incubators. gonna use one as a incubator and one as a hatcher. At what day should I move the waterfowl eggs and how would I move them??

Thanks.

P.S.... Im referring to waterfowl eggs.

THANKS

Hi! I usually move mine into the hatcher three days before they are supposed to hatch. I have a seperate incubator for hatching and I just set them in the hatching tray. I dont know if that is the scientifically correct way, but it works for me!
smile.png

Well, 'waterfowl' is kind of vague. If you are talking about ducks, they hatch in about 28 days, so they would need to be moved the end of day 25. Unless they are muscovies. Those take 35 days to hatch, so they would need to be moved the end of day 32.
Geese are a different story. Chinese and Africans take about 31 days to hatch, so they would need to be moved end of day 28. If you are hatching any other type of goose, they hatch about 28-30 days, so they would need to be moved end of day 25.
Call ducks take 24 days to incubate; move end of day 21.

I think that's about it
big_smile.png

I am incubating some pekin eggs atm, and this is my first time with waterfowl. They are being hand-turned, laying on their sides, and they will be on their sides for hatching as well.

Ok thanks. one more question. I just got my second incubator and I have been using my one for years and I would clean it and every thing after they would hatch, but would I need to still clean my incubator even though they would hatch in the other incubator I have as a hatcher??
smile.png

You probably should every so often, it could still get dust and such in it. Plus it is a good idea to change out the water, and how else you gonna do that?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom