Moving Chickens out of State, need for USDA Aphis health certificate,

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by hurchel, Jun 16, 2011.

  1. hurchel

    hurchel New Egg

    Jun 8, 2011
    Good Day,

    I found this site when I was searching under moving Chickens, This is my first post. I realized I would need to have a health certificate to move my beautiful chickens to OK. But I kept trying to get the name of an aphis certified vet and while the USDA Aphis site, says it will provide an accredited vet it does not, it will verify the name of a vet you have. So after 2 and a half years of trying to find a chicken vet and getting an offer on my CA property, I contacted a Dr. Behr in Maryland, who is a head of the National Veterinary Accredition Program. I explained and he became aware of the situation, and leaped to help since he said there were over 5000 here in CA, but most of them are simple dog cat and not our beloved chickens. So I told him I would post these until the situation changes I wrote them in a hurry so depending on your area, you might need more specifics: Dr. Sang Kang Glendale, CA 626-914-5717 Dr. Analise Spira Los Angeles 310-559-3770. Dr. Stephanie Rose Naur (neur) 661-272-4551, Dr. Lee Me Wan, Palmdale 661-273 1555, Dr. Walter Rosskopt Hawthorne CA 310 679 0693, also a Dr. Jose Lacson Artesia, 18027 Clarksdale St. I also got a call about a Dr. Hammerlin, who I contacted in Riverside 951-687 2373, to do my fifty pet chickens. This is not an advertisament, I hope it will help people in the same situation. Seems pet chickens slip through the domestic pets, and bovine livestock, twilight zone. But Dr. Behr was very helpful and is now aware all his accredited vets will be told to somehow list chickens or enforce the share information they okayed with the state and are not getting help with. Also you should check with your new state and the form is online as APHIS Form 7001,

    Thank you,
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by