Moving cross country

I traveled with a small flox

I traveled with a small.flock of 4.

I moved west to east with small flock of 4. Only thing i would be concerned about closed trailer is overheating within the confined space. I did 2 to a dog crate, used pee pads changed in morning, at night before bed and as needed through out day. I would lay new over old and take out all with the final change at night. Of course fresh water through out day and feed in evening. Travled in my car and night would keep windows down for fresh air. Was somewhat stressful and they stopped laying upon arrival to new home for short while till they adjusted. But did not lose a bird nor have any sick ones. I am not sure about ducks.
If you did it legally fine (Having the proper tests and documentation to meet the regulations of your destination state and all states being traveled through = legally.). If you did it illegally, I would not brag about it in a public forum.

If you did it legally fine (Having the proper tests and documentation to meet the regulations of your destination state and all states being traveled through = legally.). If you did it illegally, I would not brag about it in a public forum.
Yes to legally. Didnt feel the need to repeat what you did already...
Of course!

I am in Europe so this is kind of irrelevant - but I am going there anyway !

We moved our founding ladies (KC's) from the UK to Italy - we drove them and took the Eurotunnel. They have seen the Alps and everything.

This part may be relevant - the only guidance we could find on the movement of poultry was for commercial purposes only.

No guidance whatsoever on the movement of domestic / personal use / pet dux.

Just in case anyone did want to discuss this, we did have a convenient tarpauline. They also did not like the passing lit streelamps at speed for long periods of time so it helped there too.

I have checked since, still no guidance in Europe for the movement of non commercial dux.

Please note that if you move your animals from, through or into an area that is quarantined, and get caught, you will lose your entire flock, get fined and face possible jail time. If any of that happened and you have a job with a security clearance you will also probably lose your security clearance and with it your job. Best to follow the rules and contact each state you travel through.

I never moved a lot but I ship ducks. When they are shipped Monday morning sometimes they arrive Wednesday afternoon just fine. So you could drive for some time without taking care of them with no ill effects.

Back
Top Bottom