Moving ducks

Do I put them away, wait awhile, then go back in??? Or should I get them in, and then immediately start bringing them over??? Should I leave a light on the first night????? Wow, I feel and sound like I'm sending my kids awY somewhere!!!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂🤦🤦🤦🤷🤷🤷

Attachments

• 20201005_105550.jpg
    20201005_105550.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 2
When my ducks were babies I moved them from my room into a shed with a run. I didn't put a lot of thought into the time of day, when it was warm enough and they were old enough I just put them in a crate and carried them out one afternoon. They were used to going outside for playtime, so it wasn't a big deal. At night I hung out in the coop with them for a little and then just left. If they were upset I couldn't tell.

As year later in the afternoon I moved them from the shed across our feild into a room in our barn. I quacked at them and they followed me in a line right into their new aviary. I thought they would be completely freaked out - since they think new things are terrifying and deadly. They really shocked me. Their attitude was like, "yes, we live here now." I thought I was going to have to herd and force them in.

Maybe it was easy for my ducks because both times they were already somewhat familiar with the spaces from foraging.

When my ducks were babies I moved them from my room into a shed with a run. I didn't put a lot of thought into the time of day, when it was warm enough and they were old enough I just put them in a crate and carried them out one afternoon. They were used to going outside for playtime, so it wasn't a big deal. At night I hung out in the coop with them for a little and then just left. If they were upset I couldn't tell.

As year later in the afternoon I moved them from the shed across our feild into a room in our barn. I quacked at them and they followed me in a line right into their new aviary. I thought they would be completely freaked out - since they think new things are terrifying and deadly. They really shocked me. Their attitude was like, "yes, we live here now." I thought I was going to have to herd and force them in.

Maybe it was easy for my ducks because both times they were already somewhat familiar with the spaces from foraging.
Mine arent flipped out about much either. Mowing the lawn, the tractor when I am cleaning their coop, they take it in stride

Back
Top Bottom