Moving Due To Chickens-UPDATE

Quote:
The people that rented the house we're moving to before us had chickens, goats, horses and dogs. At least I'm not moving my horses out there, and I definitely won't have goats! :lol I was relieved the other night when we were out there, though, to hear a rooster crowing down the road. Now I know my neighbors, even though they're out of sight of my house, won't mind my roos crowing
big_smile.png

ETA: We've lived in this homeowner's association for nearly 15 years, so when I heard the rooster, I looked at DH and said, "Honey, we're finally FREE!!"

Last edited:
Back again w/ Good news;)!
I moved, and my chickens are thriving well in the new location. It's not a rural community, but it's not a subdivision like the previous location.
The kennel is on grass (they already ate all of it:)), under a tree.
I don't know if the chickens r legal. Local ordinances have to do w/ being 40 feet from neighbor's house and not being a aggravation to neighbors. So far so good.
At least 1 other person in this neighborhood has 4-5 hens & 1 rooster. They have a corner lot, so there's more distance from their neighbors.
Also, one of my hens started laying yesterday. This morning a second egg!
I discovered a nearby plant nursery that sells farm fresh eggs for $3.00/ doz. I bought some and they are beautiful colors of pastel green, brown, & spotted brown. Tasty too.

PICS on my site.

Congratulations on the move! You might try hatching some of those farmer's eggs out. Sounds like you'd get some easter eggers!

Thanks for the update!

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom