Moving guinea into the same coop

Areese04

Chirping
Jan 4, 2022
I have a question to ask I have 12 guinea fowl: 6 are in one coop with my bantams and the other six are in a coop by them selves at the moment. The ones with the bantams are mostly female and the ones by themselves are mostly male. The coops are separate by just wire so they can see each. Is it fine to move the 6 guineas with the bantams into the coop with the other six or should I just leave them separate?

I have a question to ask I have 12 guinea fowl: 6 are in one coop with my bantams and the other six are in a coop by them selves at the moment. The ones with the bantams are mostly female and the ones by themselves are mostly male. The coops are separate by just wire so they can see each. Is it fine to move the 6 guineas with the bantams into the coop with the other six or should I just leave them separate?
Try moving a couple at a time. Watch and see how they teact to each other.

If your setup allows it, let the birds pick where they want to sleep. In my mixed flock I've got two coops with a fully enclosed run with roosts they can sleep on. They can pick where they sleep and it seems to avoid a lot of the problems people talk about with mixed chicken / guinea flocks.

Back
Top Bottom