Moving guineas to a new coop with new guineas

CarolineCO

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 26, 2014
Ft Lupton, CO
Hi!

I need to move my five guineas to a new coop (it's about 15 feet away from the coop they have been living in for a little over a year.) The new coop has an uncovered run. I also have 20 eight week old keets that have been outside for about the last three weeks in a small coop with a covered run. Now that the babies are starting to outgrow their living space, I would like to move them all - adults and juveniles - into their new area. Any advice on the best way to go about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The older guineas free range during the day and get closed up in their coop at night. They used to have an open run but we've moved it to their new coop. They spend a lot of time checking out the keets - peering in through the fence and 'talking' to them. Never behaved aggressively to them.

I generally wait to mix young and older til the baby talked has ended. Let them be around and see each other a bit...which yours have ....then join at night...
Hopefully someone else with additional experience will chime in too. Don't know if right or wrong but what I do..good luck!

Back
Top Bottom