Moving oversees- 6 pullets including complete set

Deca

Chirping
Jan 15, 2017
Hello- we’re moving abroad and therefore have to say goodbye to our beloved egg laying pets. We’re looking for a good home, so not giving away to just anybody as we want to make sure they do not end up in soup or fighting arena.

located in Westchester, New York. Happy to work out transportation/delivery together.
  • 6 bantam pullets (polish, silky, cochin, serama, easter-egger, d’uccle)
  • Coop
  • Run (omlet fence)
  • Automatic night-door with timer
  • Heater for winter
  • Waterer with float valve
  • 2 spill-free feeder-buckets
  • New PDZ bags
  • 50lbs feed bag

Attachments

• 14277BB9-B69E-4700-A260-8769EF896A71.jpeg
    14277BB9-B69E-4700-A260-8769EF896A71.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 409C7187-423A-478F-A609-B067449F1531.jpeg
    409C7187-423A-478F-A609-B067449F1531.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 71
They're so cute! I wish I could take them all 😍
If you run out of options and are okay with splitting them up, I can take in one or two. I'm about an hour's drive north from you.

Do post in the New York Thread!

Thanks- that is already quite comforting Yakitori! Hopefully we find someone that takes the rest/all, as stated- it is a whole hassle free set making it easy to keep and clean.

Hopefully we find someone that takes the rest/all, as stated- it is a whole hassle free set making it easy to keep and clean.
I hope so too! I have quite a few friends in the area who have chickens... but they already have their own set up and established flocks :(

Honestly, I think it would probably be easier to rehome the girls to BYC members, and sell the coop separately. A decent coop sells pretty fast on Facebook Marketplace, a guy I purchased a couple of planters from sold a tiny prefab coop for $150, I was shocked!

Have you also tried craigslist? I'm not too comfortable recommending it, because goodness knows what kind of people are on there. But if you put a good price on the whole set... maybe someone who wants to get into the hobby will show up...

Actually- The only thing I want is that the ladies get a good home, if someone wants all the stuff with it, they can have it- if not, I’ll just trash it

Okay, well if no one comes forward for the group, let me know, I'm sure I can find them a good homes between all of us!

Will you be coming back to the U.S?

Hopefully! Probably wont be back to the US any time soon
Aw, I was going to say I can hold on to them for you until you came back 😅
I had to give away my cat last time I went overseas for an unknown period of time. It turns out I was only away for 2 months. I was so depressed without him, and I didn't want to ask for him back because my friend who adopted him had became very attached. But when my friend found out that I had come back, they gave him back to me. It was the greatest feeling ever.

Back
Top Bottom