"Moving to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches."

LOL, you guys. I'm just saying know what you are singing is all. If you don't dare look it up, maybe don't be singing it in public.
wink.png

That song first came out about the time two of my kids were large teenagers (15 & 17) so I had a good education in MTV and bands. It was about the same time BECK came out with "I'm a Loser,............"

ETA: then I found out about Marylinn Manson, South Park and a bunch more stuff......very educational.
lol.png

Last edited:
Yep! I knew what it meant too. Lucky for me he was 12 when he first heard it and had no idea. Honestly I think he is still pretty niave and doesn't have a clue. If he did all he would say is "Ew! Thats gross!" He is at that age. My husband keeps telling me that very soon he will no longer be my sweet innocent little boy and instead of ewww it will be ooooh!
hit.gif

I have been singing this song all summer. We have the best peaches (if i may brag) down here in middle Alabama. I put so many away, we may be sick of eating them by next years peach season
big_smile.png
. I saved some pits to plant so we can have our own peach trees sometime way down the road. Didn't know about the other connotation of peaches! I know what you are saying, but I will just coose to stay in my innocent oblivion.

I dunno, hard to imagine the PUSA meant the not-so-nice peach reference. Have you heard their other songs? They sing about:

twigs in the wind
puffy shoes
volcanoes
froggies
buggies
kittys
supermodels
stop signs

... all sorts of off the wall stuff.

ETA: I saw them live many times in Seattle and lots of people brought their kids to the shows. I consider them fairly family oriented, though it was funny seeing kids & their parents singing the 'Kitty at My Foot' song together!

Last edited:
Quote:
My youngest is now 26 and he is still sweety pie. But he always was a mama's boy kinda. Luckily I never knew about the other side of that Ewww, at least not blatently. And that is the way I would like to keep it.
lol.png

Quote:
My youngest is now 26 and he is still sweety pie. But he always was a mama's boy kinda. Luckily I never knew about the other side of that Ewww, at least not blatently. And that is the way I would like to keep it.
lol.png

That is VERY encouraging!
smile.png
Mine is a little of a mammas boy too! Thank you, you made my day!

Back
Top Bottom