MPC 25 pullet deal

I saw that, too...now I just need five more people in my area to go in with me, since I want 4-5 hens, not 25! LOL!
hmm.png

I saw that yesterday and wished we had more room. That is such a great deal! Plus there EE are so cute and mine all had those puffy cheeks.
love.gif

MPC said my order would be shipping out next Tuesday 9/8/09. Now I have to get the spare bathroom set up again as a brooder. I never had 25 chicks in there before and I'm afraid they will be crowded. Maybe someone near me need a few extra chicks? What size brooder do ya'll use for 25 standard chicks until they feather out?

I use a big kiddie swimming pool set up in the shed beside the house...I use pine chips for bedding, have an over head heat lamp with red bulb attached to a beam that they can not possibly knock down...they are in there for a while, then I move them to a kennel run that is chicken wired at the bottom so the little buggers can not squeeeze out...when they out grow that, I move them to the main coop and yard and integrate them with the older birds...it is progressive as they grow, feather out, and get big enough to be with the big girls...I am fortunate in that I have the room and the stuff to let them proceed at their own pace without crowding and all of that...
The kennel run for their teenage time is covered so no hawks can get them and they have a roost and a dog house or two for shelter...the pictures are the duckies in progression from infant to yard size and FREEDOM!
DSCN2706.jpg
IM000039.jpg
DSCN2796.jpg

I do the same process with chicks...babies, teens, adult freedom...

Last edited:
OMgosh!! I can't even believe I'm considering this
th.gif
. My DH would have a absolute FIT!
somad.gif

Does any one know if this is something they do every fall?? I may have space next fall, but not now, no way. It is a great deal though. Alot less than I paid for the nine I got in June.

Quote:
I know LuvMyChicas in Sturbridge is looking for 2 Speckled Sussex if you get any in your order.
I am in Central MA. I wouldn't mind 2 more, and I could pick up some to bring to GotPoodle...

Back
Top Bottom