MPC Hatching Egg GIVEAWAY!

Today I did the day 7 candleing. I think there's one clear Dominique and one BCM that has a screwy air cell but the rest looked good to me. Although this is my first time.

Today I did the day 7 candleing. I think there's one clear Dominique and one BCM that has a screwy air cell but the rest looked good to me. Although this is my first time.

I'm glad they are doing well. If the BCM develops then you can hatch that egg sitting upright for a better hatching chance.

UPDATE: It's day 21!!
jumpy.gif

sorry about the late update, things have been pretty busy around here the last few weeks with the flooding we had over Christmas and New Years and i didn't even get to candle and toss out any bad eggs before moving them to the hatcher but so far we have 8 chicks, 3 Lavender Ameraucanas and 5 of what MPC said were Ameri-Flowers.

Hope everyone had a safe New Years and happy hatching!!!

UPDATE: It's day 21!!
jumpy.gif

sorry about the late update, things have been pretty busy around here the last few weeks with the flooding we had over Christmas and New Years and i didn't even get to candle and toss out any bad eggs before moving them to the hatcher but so far we have 8 chicks, 3 Lavender Ameraucanas and 5 of what MPC said were Ameri-Flowers.

Hope everyone had a safe New Years and happy hatching!!!

they are so cute!

Thanks!! We had one more lavender pop out early this morning, but nothing else has pipped so not expecting anything else at this point.

The beards on those Lavenders always make me smile really big!!!

I'm glad you had such a good hatch!

Alex
My Pet Chicken

I had a great hatch and 11 out of 12 that made it to lockdown hatched! Originally got 15. 6 silkies, 3 super blue egg layers and 2 blue sex link EEs- one girl and one boy! I'll take pictures once they're all fluffed up. They finished hatching this morning. I did have a few pip the wrong end, could be due to my new incubator and maybe the turner wasn't functioning the best. Overall I'm super pleased!

Okay, now I'm triple excited to get the North Carolina Blue hatching eggs I ordered from MPC! I requested a March delivery because even though it's still cold then, it's not January/February cold, if you know what I mean. Since I brood chicks outdoors in the run, I figured an April hatch gives them the best chance.

Picture time!

Here's the group minus the two in the incubator drying

The first is the boy Carolina blue sex link EE and second I believe is a girl...@mypetchicken may be able to confirm

Here's a super blue egg layer

And some silkies!

Overall I'm super impressed that I had 11 out of 12 that went to lockdown hatch with shipped eggs. I did help a few that pipped the wrong end but they mainly hatched themselves!

Back
Top Bottom