MPC shipping to Seattle

kuken

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 23, 2010
Seattle
We are eggspecting our new chicks this week. I was wondering if anyone in Seattle could tell me how long it took to recieve their chickens? These will be our first chickens and we are getting very eggcited:p

I'm not from seattle but if you read on the site if you live in a major city they usually arrive within 1 or 2 days of shipping, and in rural areas within 2 or 3 days of shipping.
As far as I know seattle is a major city
big_smile.png

Well I'm in Battle Ground, Wa and I recieved my chicks from McMurray the second day. They shipped on a Saturday and I got them early Monday Morning at 4am. Everybody was peeping along just fine. I ordered 30 and ended up with 34, all pullets as promised. I lost 2, one the first day for some unknown reason she was just kinda slow and another one at 6 weeks old also a mystery. They are 13 weeks old now and growing bigger by the day and the majority are very sweet. Over all I had a very positive experience with McMurray and they even let me change chicks multiple times before I finally settled on the ones I have now. I'm sure you will have a great time with yours.

I haven't ordered mine from MPC yet, but being in Lake Stevens, Wa the site said mine would probably get here within 2-3 days. If I am not mistaken I believe I read on that same page that major cities like Seattle get express overnight shipping and should arrive within 1-2 days.
smile.png

I ordered from MPC 3 weeks ago. Just curious, but how many chicks did you order? I ordered 10, but received 16!!! (1 didn't make the trip, 1 was in distress on arrival and died 2 hours later and 1 unexpectedly died 3 days later. I now have, lucky, 13!!) I didn't know MPC sent extra chicks so I would be interested to see how many you get. I live in rural Maine and got them in 2 days.

Just wanted to add my experience in case any others from Seattle look this post up later.

Order 5 pullets from MPC. All different breeds. They were shipped on Tuesday and arrived at my local post office Thursday (two days later) for pick-up at 8:30 Am (when they open). All the chicks arrived alive. One looks a little sluggish but all seem to be taking food and water on the first day.

One down side was that the phone number listed on the box was incorrect. The post office tried to call me twice with the wrong number. It really didnt amount to much as I was caling the post office anyways every morning.

Back
Top Bottom